Followers

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Definition of Distance Learning

My personal definition of Distance learning is learning that one does under the supervision of an instructor or teacher but not directly in their presence. The leaning is typically conducted over the internet using some program or software to deliver the instruction.  Student interaction is assessed through the uses of discussion posts or using test or quizzes uses to assess of the student is retaining the taught material.

Before I started my degree path in instructional design, I was more of a SME who instructed. This is a much different role than an ID who created distance learning. Distance learning as to be able to hold the attention of a student with you are being there to refocus the student. You must be able to teach a struggling student a complex task without being to stop and walk them through it step by step.  For me I am taking this class more at the end of my degree path. So, I have a solid understanding of what my thought on what distance learning are. I am working in a position where my job is to create distance learning and for me, I am always learning new ways to improve and make things better.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Scope Creep

    I was working on an IMI on digital literacy and it was to have 3 learning object history of the internet, breakdown of a URL, and level ...